Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stranger in the Night

Oh fer crap's sake - I feel on the brink of sickness again. I guess it wasn't done with me. I have talked to at least 3 other people at work today who have the same symptoms again: mild headache from sinus pressure, sneezing, runny nose and sometimes itchy eyes and a general feeling of malaise. WEEEIRD. So, gonna try to fight this beeyatch off again. Which I am doing by throwing dehydrating coffee down my gullet. Good stuff.

In other news, last night I got out of bed and walked over to a picture hanging on the wall and started wiping along it's surface and along the edges. Corn said, "What are you doing?" ...which woke me out of my half (perhaps fully)-asleep state. I suddenly felt embarassed and struggled for an explanation, which was: "I thought I saw socks. Ha, ha..." Then I went back to bed.

This morning I remembered why I really got out of bed. I was dreaming that there was a sock draped over the picture frame like a stocking. But Flea was stuck inside of it - a little struggling ball at the toe of the sock. So, I got up to save her. Wouldn't you do the same?

This on the heels of another vivid dream adventure on Monday night. Where I sat up in bed in the middle of the night and started smelling like crazy. I was convinced that I smelled cake and it smelled soooo good that I was trying to seek it out, bloodhound style in the darkness.

Please send help.

On the homehunt: Yesterday we saw a decent little place in Verdun. Y'know - some great places in that area that are still quite affordable. We called a mortgage broker yesterday to get started, too. It's fun - but there is SO MUCH TO LEARN!!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Hey Nat,

After you are done checking with your morgage broker you should also check with Caisse Populaire Desjardins. We renewed our morgage with them last year and they had a promotion where for the first year they give you 2% less than prime (we got 2.25% interest for the first year) we still continued paying based on 4.5% but the balance would go on to the principle. Then the second year they gave us .30 points off prime which is still quite good. In addition at the end of every year they give you back a certain percentage (which they deposit into your account) of the interest you have paid all year. The amount you get back in not that much its several hundred bucks - but hey its several hundred bucks more than anyone else will give ya.

If you need a contact person for the Caisse Desjardins you know where to e-mail me.

Anonymous said...

the best thing I've found for cold or flu like symptoms is Vietnamese Pho soup. usually comes pretty durn cheap in any restaurant that has PHO in the title. (there's a great one on Rosement between Papineau and Christope-Colomb, a bunch more around St-Denis and Jean-Talon) and another one on Ste-Catherine's called Phò-Thanh-Long (103 Ste-C. East). they look as cheap as they charge, but they're delicious)
Beef (or veggie) Pho : the new chicken soup.

feel better

Anonymous said...

you're looking for a house? Cool. Me and my boyfriend just bought one in mid August. You're right, there is a lot to learn...but it wasn't as involved as I thought it would be. Send any questions if ya like...and I will reply with my limited knowledge. heehe...

kel (kellygoodlad@yahoo.ca)

Anonymous said...

Yippee on house hunt. Keep us posted!

Keep smilin!