Monday, April 12, 2010

Save Casey!!!

Honestly? So touched by the outpouring of donations by you guys for little Casey so far. In 3 days - you've raised $600! Just through the magic of facebook - and that's a ton of caring people! A lot of us have pets ourselves (a lot of you with pugs, I see - and thanks for the pics!) and if one of them got sick, we wouldn't hesitate to get them the care they needed. It's just heartbreaking that Casey has no family to call her own to take on that financial responsibility. Should she be left to die a slow death when she can be saved? NO! She can only stay on a cocktail of medication for so long, until she needs liver shunt surgery (planned for about 2 weeks from now if we can raise the cash. I've even heard from people who's dogs have HAD the same surgery and lived wonderful, full lives). When I found out about Casey - I couldn't turn a blind eye - knowing I could do something. If she hadn't been found by that good samaritan - who knows what would have happened by now?

I know you work hard for your money. I know a lot of charities come a-knockin' - I know it feels like sometimes we're pulled in a million different directions with people wanting stuff from us - and I am so happy that you decided to take a chance on this case. It is so very much appreciated. Thank you for putting your trust in me. I want you to know I recognize that and I value it greatly.

This puppy is waiting patiently for her chance at life. And I don't want to sound like one of those Sunday afternoon Humane Society cry-fests. But her little face speaks for itself, don't you think? Thank you to Dorothy by the way, who will be donating 25% of profits to Casey's surgery from the Elegant Garage Sale this coming weekend!

Now...

Let's not lose momentum! Spread the word - tell your friends, family, co-workers! Send them the link to the post below! Don't forget, if you donate $20 or more - your name goes in to win Peter Gabriel tix for April 28th at the Bell Center.

SAVE CASEY!

Left to raise: $3400
Days to go: 14












No comments: