Monday, April 19, 2010

30 Seconds I'll Never Get Back

Caller: I'd like to make a complaint. Yesterday, Virgin Radio gave me a Habs flag. But I was wearing a Caps jersey.

Me: Okay - so why didn't you just give it back?

Caller: Because I'm a Habs fan.

Me: Okay, so you're complaining because you got a free Habs flag and you're a Habs fan?

Caller: Yes, because you guys shouldn't give flags to people in Caps jerseys.

Me: Why were you wearing a Caps jersey?

Caller: I lost a bet.

Me: Let me get this straight...you're calling to complain because you're a Habs fan and you got a free Habs flag even though you were in a Caps jersey?

Caller: Yes.

Me: (pause. Unbe-freakin'-lievably long pause to absorb the moment) Okay. Well - it's a Cage Aux Sport promotion, you know.

Caller: So I should call them and complain?

Me: Yes. Yes you should.


(Like how I passed the buck there?) I don't know why or how - but THAT guy? That guy is why the Habs lost on Saturday I know it.


3 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

I'd highly recommend for NEXT time *69 so we can track him down

Karma said...

I've never been so confused in my life...I think I'll blame him aswell

'scoops' said...

um, yes...long time reader and long time commenter... so, like - why am i not on yer blogroll? hee hee

thedinkster.blogspot.com - the most awesome blog - ever. yes, ever.