Monday, February 18, 2008

Geez.

Mild day in Montreal. A mini oasis in the deep freeze of winter.  The sidewalks are still nasty though. Horrible snow removal. Substandard. Embarrassing, even.  And then there's the potholes. 

SIGH. 

We've actually got some doozies right around our place. In fact, when Mat came to pick me up this morning - he saw a guy inspecting his flat tire which he likely got from failing to maneuver around the zillionth gaping crater in his way.  So - y'know, it's totally his fault.  YEESH. 

Y'know, I love Montreal. I really, really do. But for a major city, we've got some major incompetence goin' on.  And don't even get me started on the crumbling infrastructure.  It's enough to make you wanna, I dunno...write a lukewarm blog entry about how angry it makes you. 

9 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

You go gurl! Almost stick it to the man!

You're right tho, if Montréal does only one thing, it does pot-holes on an intergalactic scale. On the 40 west in front of my office (Cote de liesse and Deslauriers) there's a part of the 40 that ramps over the commuter train tracks... On friday, all was good... This morning, there were two larg potholes big enuf to put two office desks in them! AMAZING!

Glad I take the bus and metro.

T said...

I would galdly send you some snow to help cover up those potholes. I would give just about anything to even see one around here....

Bob said...

Yeah, those comments coming from a girl who growed up in Timmins -- The City with the Heart of Gold but No Snow Removal.

Maria said...

You write the letter because you write so well and I will sign it. I have ocean front property right in front of my house and its not by choice. There is a HUGE gap in the sidewalk in front of my place and everytime it rains I can bring out the sailboat. I am the only person who all summer still uses a damn shovel to push all the water to the closest sewer.

DOUBLE SIGN

Maria said...

that should be

"DOUBLE SIGH"

N@ Lauzon said...

Hey NGB...it is really worse than Timmins here. Takes DAYS for one snowfall to be removed...and even then - sometimes longer. Sucks biggie time.

Bob said...

Hey, M. Tremblay et les conseillers:

I tink you should 'ow you say raise de tax, so you can otez le neige des rues.

Ma Horton said...

That is because in the great white north we know how to deal with and handle the situation better when we have snow falls , etc . Nothing like being on top of snow . Humbug and I wish I could see a pot hole too . Now those craters are a whole other topic .

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

C'est la meme dans la ville de Toronto. Les grands holes de pot and beaucoup de fuckwittage. (mes apologies pour ma crap grammaire et lack of accent marks and such).

In Toronto, I swear I hear screams when the first delicate flake floats into traffic on the 401. And the screaming driver tries to drive around the flake, causing a thirty car pileup.