Monday, June 25, 2007

While You Were Out..

Actually, Trading Spaces is more like it! I always know when our show is on in repeat because I get a new batch of e-mails from people! :) It was on, on Sunday morning apparently. AND I got an e-mail from one of the crew, which is always good times.

And here's what else happened while me n' Ma were in Ottawa over the weekend:


Yup, The jelly-necked, bug-eyed spawn of Ratwing pecked their way out of the shell. AND mom kindly squeezed out another egg, just to add to my misery.

Here she is, watching me like a ....er, pigeon? From the building across the way.


She's a tough bird, I must say. Aside from all the pestulence and disease she must be carrying, she lingers at the nest to eyeball me before she flies away. And she always comes back as soon as I leave. Is it the primal nesting instinct - or the deep-rooted desire to shit on my patio furniture? Either way...she ain't movin' out.

And? How's youse guys?

7 comments:

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

God I must be tired -- read the sentence "and mom kindly squeezed out another egg" and had a flash of YOUR MOM squeezing an egg out of a pigeon. Tres disturbing.

Oh, and on Sunday, my brother called me and said "Hey that Natalie BELANGER chick is on TV!" Like he's just picking generic South End names out of a hat :)

John Mielke Photography said...

Why does everyone come to Ottawa and NOT CALL Bob or Milky???

I'm boycotting blogville 'til someone comes for a damn visit.

Hmph.

Milky

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what Milky said!

Ma musta had a guilt attack, cuz she emailed me Sunday night, saying she was in town until noon Monday. By the time I read the damned email, it was too late to get together.

And Milky, I miss you this week, too. You're not working.

Just for that, I'm taking the last two weeks of July off!

Sean Newbury said...

Welcome back to blogWorld.

So have you named the wee ones yet?

I sure hope this means you're working today, because, no offense, but your fill-ins were Zzzzzzz Heck next time ask me to take over the nooner! :-)

Welcome back. Hope you and Ma had a great week.

Maria said...

Kitty sure is BOLD and too DAMN HONEST! Must be because he is sleep deprived from the wedding that went on until the wee hours of the morning.

Welcome Back Natalie Belanger looking forward to the nooner!
Have a great week!
Ciao, Moi

Ma Horton said...

Damntion and hell fire ..I wanted to see you asses but I thought you all might be too busy ! Now you tell me! Double hmpf ! I missed the chick hatching too and I looked every day to see if Victoria ( my name for her ) was a mommy .Doing laundry today so catch ya all later ....

JB said...

Well, I was finally able to sit upright long enough to actually post something on my own blog, so that's a start.
Glad you had a nice commisseration with yer Ma.
p.s. Please don't name the new pidgies Liam and Morgan. Those names are taken.