Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Word.

I've been on a reading binge. While I wait patiently for the next David Sedaris masterpiece, I am tiding myself over with some other books.


Recent reads:

Marley and Me: John Grogan
Perfume: Patrick Suskind (it's a movie now - has anyone seen it?)
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time: Mark Haddon

And currently:
The Rum Diaries: Hunter S. Thompson

All REALLY different styles. And I gots to say - I'm really enjoying
Hunter S. Thompson. He's got a really readable style. I love the way he
writes. The book takes place in San Juan and every time I pick it up, I
wanna be boozed up on a beach somewhere. But I haven't the booze or the beach.

So, I'm swilling cough syrup under a 75 watt bulb.

Ya make do.

6 comments:

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Like four different novels in one, in really different styles -- it's history, farce, sci-fi and mystery. When I get to the end, I know I'm going to have to go right back to the beginning again.

Newsguy Bob said...

I've always read in fits and spurts, usually when I'm at the cottage. But since I moved to Ottawa two years ago and started taking transit to and from work, I read a lot more. I've read all of John Grisham's stuff, and am now enjoying Michael Connelly, who writes cop/murder/mystery novels.
I've also read most of Stephen King. My all-time favourite: the Green Mile, which is also my all-time favourite movie. It looks on the screen almost exactly as it did in my head.

Maria said...

I would love to be able to read an entire book. I have been meaning to buy Amber Frey's book WINESS just because I am curious about it. However, between, work, homework with the kids, soccer practices, tournaments, cooking, cleaning and everything else the most I have read is COSMO - does that count?

Maria said...

THAT WOULD BE WITNESS! lol

Daphne said...

Quick hijack here.

N@, thanks for the response to the egg. You think it can still be incubated after more than a day?

Send me all the info you want whenever you have the time. I know today you're busy making a video! Can't wait to watch it.

Thanks!

kim said...

Hey Nat -

Did you happen to find my taxi receipt in the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time?

I'm trying to do an expense report and it's missing.