Thursday, April 01, 2010

Feedbag.

Scott uses plastic bags to bring his lunch to work - the grocery store kind. I use a small recyclable tote. I bring my tote home everyday to reuse. Scott, being a boy, leaves his plastic bag at work. Every. Day. There's gotta be a drawer in his desk full of plastic bags by now. And my MIA tupperware, I'm sure. In the Man Handbook, on page 78 B, it says "Once having transported items to your place of employment, thou must not under any circumstances, bring them back. Especially if they are tupperware, travel mugs or utensils."

Anyhoo - this means that nearly every morning, he runs around the house looking for a NEW plastic bag to put his lunch in. Well, we ran out. No more plastic bags.

Not to be thwarted, Scott found a handy alternative. The last 2 days he's been bringing his lunch to work in a little black plastic bag meant for picking up dog poo. DOG POO LUNCH BAG!!!!

As heartily as I have laughed at this, I also find it a mite disturbing (especially because the bags are lightly vanilla-scented for poo smell-masking).

Me: Scott, that's kinda gross.

Scott: What? There's no poo in it!

Well, the man's got a point. Gives new meaning to the term, "brown bagging it".

3 comments:

Bob said...

I'm lovin' the visual of Scott running around the house, looking for a plastic bag.

Paul Swendson said...

I'm a man (sort of), and I use one of those insulated lunch bag things. So one of us males out there is a conscientious, environmentalist lunch consumer. I do, however, spend a lot of time running around the house looking for other crap that I can't find. This is probably a universal man thing.

N@ Lauzon said...

LOL at sort-of man. Nice to hear from you. Is your insulated lunchbag a manly colour?