Monday, October 29, 2007

WEE-lectronics!

So, perhaps you've heard, we've got a new daddy.

Standard Radio was sold to Astral a few months back and it all became official as of midnight.

So far, so good! The new team seems really professional and nice, to boot. They even welcomed us with a banner that stretched across the street and set up a staffed coffee bar in the lobby this morning with free java! As a final thank you to the staff across the country, our old CEO Gary Slaight gave every single employee a cheque on Friday. It was such a nice surprise and a classy, classy move.

So - all's good in radioland and we're all pretty pumped.

Cut to:

Corn and I have a pretty old TV. For a week, we haven't watched it because suddenly the remote decided not to work and we couldn't change the channel. Not even PHYSICALLY on the TV. (Seriously, is that not the ultimate in lazy defiance? Channel won't change? K - we just won't watch you then). Y'know how some TV's only go to the next 'available' channel? Yeah, well we needed the one just before that channel. AND WE COULDN'T GET IT. Thus - no TV.

But then the weekend came. And Saturday was one of those shitty-weather plus jammies plus take-out food plus ratdogs plus no showering plus flannel blankie on the couch kind of days. And we NEEEEEEDED TV. What were we gonna do - READ?!! Puleeeeez.

So we said 'SCREW YOU OLD TV!' and ventured into the outside world long enough tobuy a new one(courtesy of Gary's bonus!)and scurry back home to our stinky, unhygenic TV day.

It is my first new TV ever. Specialness, no? So, if you're interested - we've got the old one to sell for fiddy bones. It works perfectly. It's just clunky. And needs batteries in the remote. HEH.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Thems suckers go for about 2300 bones.

veeeeeeeery nice

top o the line!

T said...

Where were you last week when MY tv died and I had to get a new one?? lol

Sean Newbury said...

Kudos kudos kudos!

That's one sexy looking boobtube ya gots there!

Now you're gonna need to get HD trust me it's worth the extra clams...

(And I shit you not, my word verifcation for this comment is TVdmg)

N@ Lauzon said...

Hey "ass" (if that is your real name!) THAT sucker is ON SALE BIG TIME til November 1st at Future shop and if you buy the floor model....

Let's just say, we got an amazing deal!!!!!

Sean Newbury said...

Nutin' like a dealio!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 20th century, N@ and Corn. I'm so excited about your new teevee, I'm going to fax all my friends about it. I hope their rolls of fax paper don't run out. Maybe I'll telex them, too, just in case.

Ma Horton said...

Woo Hoo ...the new boobtube is in my bedroom\ living room !!

Maria said...

kudos to you guys... now for the next crappy, rainy day you will have something to do.

By the way just for the record, I know someone who owns their own electronics shop and they live in the hood as well. So next purchase N@ let me know and I'll hook ya up.

Bob said...

I'm thinking of laying down the 50 bones for the old set. Is it colour or black and white? Does it have more than 12 channels?

N@ Lauzon said...

Hey NGB..really? It's colour. And it has as many channels as you ordered on cable, yo! The only thing that is annoying about it (aside from it's weight), is that it has a subtle 'hum' when you turn the volume up high. I'm deaf so it doesn't really bug me.....
but Corn has never complained.

I can send u a pic if you're still interested. But..how would you get it?!!

Anonymous said...

Um, N@: The word "gullible" is not in the dictionary.

I TRICKED N@. I am a GAWD!

Nyah nyah nyah.