Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Prius for Me-us

SHUDDER. Bad stuff, that last post isn't it? I wrote a "Letter to the Editor" today. We'll see if I end up on the cuttin' room floor (I might because I wrote it nude and nudity often gets censored for family-related media consumption).

Anyhoo.

So, Corn and I are looking into buying a car (John, THANK YOU for your detailed reply to my hybrid query). Specifically, it seems we have fallen for the Toyota Prius. Beautyful and easy on the gasoleeny and the environment. We test-drove one yesterday. What a crazy little machine! For slower, city driving, the car runs on the electric battery. So, when you stop at a light the car is like, dead silent - no idling feeling, nothing. A bit surreal, but kinda cool.

So, we are weighing our options between used and new. H Gregoire has 42 used 2006 models ($2000 off showroom price and an added $1200 off promo with a free e-bike scooter..hah!). And it pays to know a woman who hosts the Car Show on CJAD. Lisa Christensen is a godsend, her expertise about cars is amazing - and I chatted with her about what to look for, etc. today. Good gal to know.

Next, we'll talk to Toyota and see what their price is, for a 2007. But, it really looks like the Prius is where we're headed. Plus, it's damn cute. And you guys SO know cute is a factory when girls buy cars.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Prius is great and with the price of gas at 117.0 its the ONLY way to go. I have been considering it for a while but I have a 2005 Honda Civic I am extremely happy with.

In addition, you can't go wrong with a Japanese car.

Good Luckey!!

DarkOpera said...

"Plus, it's damn cute. And you guys SO know cute is a factory when girls buy cars."

When Corn drives up in a pink Prius with flowers on the dash board my heart will go out to him...

N@ Lauzon said...

Oops, I meant "cute is a FACTOR". If cute was a factory though, NGB would be the foreman.

BTW, my word verification is:
HAMCUG!!
hahaha
hamcug.

Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks, thanks -- I think.

Sean Newbury said...

I was thinking Pink Prius too. HA!

If anoyone can pull it off though, it'd be Corn and Fritter! :)

Johnny said...

Hybrids truly are "stealth" cars. It still freaks me out to pull into our underground garage and not disturb the silence. I hope you love it as much as we do.

Anonymous said...

They are great but my bro in law has one and when he was buying he was deciding between the Prius and a diesel Jetta. With the winters we have here, he uses just as much gas as before because the car need gas for things and not for others. That is what I know. Check out Epinions.com - different perspectives.

Good luck!

Keep smilin!

Dan said...

Prius is pretty cool. If you get one, the previous post brings up a good point. Tell them to install the Engine Block Heater. For the Prius this can boost your fuel efficiency by 40%. Plus the block heater runs off of an electric cord so you get to say your Prius plugs in (since some people still think they do).

11011011