Friday, January 05, 2007

She ain't a home, yet....

We don't have a dining room table. In fact, me and Corn as a unit have never ever shared a meal at a table located within the confines of our own dwelling. Is that weird? We always eat on the couch. No plates - just right off the couch. Is THAT weird? Corn wants to wait to buy a table (grand ideas about knocking down a wall downstairs first to create a big living/dining space - THEN filling it up). Me, I want one asap. I want to collect. I want furniture to pile on top of furniture in space we don't have, so we have to live vertically for a while - hopping from stack o' things to stack o' thing like spelunkers. Then, when we finally DO create the space (which we will but not for a while!), we will already have the stuff to fill it up, propah.

Anyway, it just so happens that there is a sale on at The Bay this weekend on housey stuff, including tables. So, hopefully we can check it out. I think we've also scrapped the idea of horizontal blinds (y'know, the wood slats) because we are too lazy to get the damn things sized and curtains are just so much easier and less asspensive (and easier for spelunkers to grab and swing from). Oh yeah--we also still have to paint. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA! The idea was to do it this weekend. But I'm going to be working on Sat and writing, too. So, that puts the pooper on inhaling paint fumes this weekend. MEH!! Progress feels slow - like someone slapped a Denver Boot on my ass.

I DID however take a trip to Ikea with Kim earlier this week. Where we didn't find anything utilitarian, but I did manage to come out of there with an assortment of wicker baskets, candles and (another, much to Corn's dismay) decorative pillow (IT IS MY WEAKNESS!)

No, YOU shut up. It's a girl thing.

p.s. Rick - chocolate is my friend. I eat it every day (no lie). Gimme gimme recipe. NOW.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

N@

How lucky you are to keep your slender shape all the while consuming chocolate…I on the other hand must exercise restraint…. So due to the lethality (that’s a Rick word btw) of the dessert I will email it to you.

On the matter of the house, from a bin-dar dun-dat perspective… When we moved in we had no dining room table for 18 months…just an empty room where we would lie on our sides and run in circles. If you are looking for good deals Viantcours has some good stuff (tastes pending)

Also speaking of knocking down walls, if your like me and need someone to do the work I know an awesome contractor…I have a hard time trusting people in a trade I know little about so I did my homework… just say the word and I’ll send you his details.

Paint…we’ve been in the place coming in to the 2nd full year…and we still have one room left…AHAHA! I feel your pain.


Wow that was a long post…sorry :(

Maria said...

Chocolate...mmmmmmmm I also LOVE chocolate and consume it on an ALMOST daily basis. It has to be the good chocolate though, like truffles or belgian chocolates, a KIT KAT bar just won't do.

A cousin of ours brought some home made truffles over during the holidays and they were absolutely sinful.

You and Corn eat off the couch? Lucky Martha doesn't read your blog or you would be in BIG trouble young lady!

Now back to planning tomorrow's dinner menu...

N@ Lauzon said...

Kit Kat! NO WAY!

It's gotta be pure, a zillion percent dark chocolate containing no b.s. peanuts or nuggety things. Smoove. Best kind: Cote D'Or or Ritter. SLOBBERRRR.

ORRRR as I have said before - peanut M&M's (but they are not for a chocolate fix--they are CANDY - entirely different food group).

If you get something super rich..you only eat a little of it. THAT'S that trick, Rick. Though, it can be tough to stick to when you KNOW it's in the house.

Anonymous said...

Did someone say chocolate? Insert Homer drooling sound here.

I have 2 bad words....Sale @ IKEA. My wallet is weeping as I type.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

A.W...Husbands & boyfriends everywhere are weeping when Ikea has a Sale...now I suppose FB will want to go (Sarcastic cheer)

N@

You want smooooooooooooooooooth, I should see if we have any chocolate truffles left and have them sent to the studio, but you have to promise not to talk with your mouth full on the radio cause that could get you fired and we don’t want that.

Ma Horton said...

I called my eldest daughter to see if she had any chocolate one night before the holidays when I needed a fix ....and now I have CHOCOLATE everywhere and its driving me nuts ..even tequila filled slammer chocolates and chocolate mint Baileys . Who needs Willy Wonka .

N@ Lauzon said...

Holy shitkabobs! I have lots of chocolate, too (thanks Santa) - and last night I popped a pre-wrapped Kalua-mabob down the hatch and I felt like I had just done a shot. No kiddin', it was liquid booze inside. So then I invited some fratboys over and we cracked the chocolates like eggs and pour the filling through a homemade bong.

JB said...

I got some Jack Daniels-filled chocolates for Christmas. The challenge with those things is, once you bite the tops off, trying to get the tiny ice cubes inside without making a big mess and gettin' it all over your fingers...
'specially after about 30 of 'em.

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Jack Daniels filled chocolates -- mmmmm good. The elder lauzon sibling sent me some (she seems to be a bit of a chocolate pimp)and they are like doing a shot -- I had one the other morning (yes, sometimes mornings require chocolate). Bad idea. Felt a bit warm and wobbly for a while. Think I'll have a couple of "shots" now....

'scoops' said...

meh, everything happens for a reason... you can blame it on the table but if you still haven't shared a meal together, maybe it's the universe telling you that you that you should find yerself a new vegetable...i hear it's broccoli season... p.s. beer is my friend. i drink it everyday (no lie). if i could brew it myself in my apartment, i would...don't worry rick, i have the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Poulain dark chocolate, 75-88%. one little square is all i need a day. but it's getting competition for the chocolates my boyfriend made me for Xmas..basil chocolate ganache..hmmm...

Went to the Bay sale (for said boyfriend). Found popcorn pot makers (the ones that you have to turn the manivelle thingy until eveything is popped ('Turning action that is fun for the whole family!' says the box (!!!)) for 4.99 (originally 19.99$). Only they were 40% off (of 4.99!) . Bought three. Anybody have a good movie suggestion ;)